Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To tweet, or not to tweet



            The twitter persona I have been trying to create is mainly geared towards technology. I was not on twitter previously; so my tweets have only been the 5 weekly tweets about technology for this class. I have had a few followers from friends and those taking this class, and a couple of my tweets were favorited if they were amusing.
Most of the topics on my feed are concerning technology since Dr. Pepper recommended we follow groups of that interest to see who is saying what about new media. I suppose being on twitter is a part of our class assignments because social media has become a huge factor and influence in the world of new media. Though for the most part, I dislike tweeting. I suppose this is mainly because I do not like to be social in general and it is difficult to say something in 140 characters or less, let alone about technology which is not generally a topic I talk about regularly.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way as you. I don't usually know what to tweet for class because I don't know how to really talk about technology. I find myself learning from others on Twitter way more than I think others are learning from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested what kind of technology? have you created your paper.li yet? I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete