Sunday, September 29, 2013

I think that my twitter persona is kind of a prick honestly. I feel like most of his tweets are poking fun at someone or something. He seems like a good natured prick though who has a lot of fun and cool interests.

I still don't have very many followers, something like 20, so I haven't decided quite how people react to my tweets demographically. I've gotten a few favorites and retweets, but nothing special.

I've tweeted directly at a couple of celebrities and there have been a couple times where I have gone to the trending page and tweeted using one of those hashtags but it never seems to work too well. It hasn't gotten me any more followers or positive responses.

I follow a lot of musicians, writers, celebrities, news websites, and a few of my close friends. My news feed is kind of a mess. lawl.

This aspect of the class is definitely working very well for me and I totally see the relevance. I do sometimes have trouble thinking of things to tweet about for class but I love tweeting.

2 comments:

  1. I want more followers, but every article I've read about gaining followers talks about advertising and writing important things. It seems like people who have most followers are famous. I don't see a lot of us "regular" folks who have a ton of followers.

    I don't like the messiness of Twitter. Maybe there is a way to streamline your news feed and group Tweets into categories, but I haven't researched it yet. I guess just create lists?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I would say "prick," but I feel similarly about mine: it's mostly a smart-ass-y sort of voice and a quasi-negative worldview. I think that this is kinda the way of popular voices lately though.

    ReplyDelete