Thursday, September 26, 2013

Stephen - Blog Post #4 (Twitter)




I didn’t have any experience with Twitter before this class, and I can honestly say that I was extremely hesitant about it. That said, I have enjoyed my experience with it thus far. I have attempted to create a humorous persona on Twitter, which I think is the goal with most Twitter users. I have received very positive responses to my tweets. I have been re-tweeted and favorited, and I have even had a few strangers follow me. I have used many different sorts of hashtags in my time on Twitter, and I have often tweeted without it being a course requirement. 


I have also mentioned people and favorite/re-tweeted other people. I have seen fairly interesting conversations and topics on Twitter. People have managed to find a lot of relevant info across the web to bring up for discussion. I have seen through this process of Twitter that it has a much more significant effect than many would notice. When used correctly, Twitter can serve as a method of being educated about what’s going around in the world. This relates to our class because, aside from the obvious fact that Twitter is new media, it also is giving us access and exposure to other available new media. I am enjoying my experience with Twitter. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the aspect of using Twitter to be educated about what's going on in the world. Most of my followings are to those of news agencies, non-profit agencies, or government.

    I am also learning a lot more about different websites and technologies that are up and coming. I don't often pay too much attention to these things, so I guess that's where Twitter comes in handy for this class.

    I guess I'm kind of an odd one out because I don't try to be humorous on Twitter. Maybe that makes my Twitter feed bland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start using more hashtags I think. You're right that using more hastags will start getting you noticed on other feeds and if you catch enough attention on them then you can be follwed. I also need to try to be more funny. So much pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start using more hashtags I think. You're right that using more hastags will start getting you noticed on other feeds and if you catch enough attention on them then you can be follwed. I also need to try to be more funny. So much pressure!!!

    ReplyDelete